Saturday, October 16, 2010

Lincoln's Sparrow at Ojibway?


I have a love/hate relationship with fall birding. It's so hit-and-miss! This week, I did a walk at Ojibway and pretty well saw nothing! At one point in my walk I saw a small downy, then a kinglet, then the Female Red-bellied Woodpecker above. I did not even realize until I got home that a Tufted Titmouse was in the frame! That was the pinnacle of my Thursday night walk.


This morning, it was just gorgeous out. I wanted to join the Ojibway birding group at Point Pelee, but I just could not get out of bed on time. So I slept in and visited Ojibway instead. I saw the usual suspects, a variety of Kinglets (in great light) and also, I think my second Lincoln's Sparrow.  I also heard the murmuring warble of Eastern Bluebirds as well a long, drawn out fight between a sharp shinned hawk and several Blue Jays.




This Golden Crowned Kinglet was itching himself. I hope its not a tick problem!

Could this be a Lincoln's Sparrow? I'm quite sure it is. I must have taken 20+ shots of this but many were out of focus and underexposed... (story of my life!).

Good birding!

1 comment:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...