Friday, March 12, 2010

Signs of Spring...
















My birding for this week was pretty dull. I drove down Riverside Dr. in Windsor on the way home from work a few days ago and stopped by Lakeview Marina. I noticed a trumpeter and mute swan in a distant flotilla of ducks near Peche Island. On my way home, I stopped by goose-bay park and photographed a pair of Bufflehead and an American Robin... the first for the year! Just as I was photographing the ducks, clouds rolled in...Good photography needs good light.... I did catch a little bit of iridescence from the male Bufflehead though...
















A few birds I would love to see this month are a Red-breasted merganser, Eastern Bluebird... possibly a good Northern Flicker in good light. Common Loon would be awesome as well!  I think with all the ducks I've photographed and two or three gull species, ... I'm finally in the +100 birding life list club!

I'm also in the market for a kayak so hopefully soon I will have some herons, bitterns and some shore birds.

Happy Birding!

1 comment:

  1. There are quite a few Red-breasted Mergansers around now. I saw some at Erieau/Rondeau this morning. I tried to do some birding today, but it was wet. This is about the most ridiculous weather I've ever seen!!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...